Mercer Island Accident Lawyers
If you were injured because of another person’s negligent actions, call Caffee Law immediately to discuss the circumstances of your case. You might be entitled to financial compensation for your medical treatment and other costs. If your actions didn’t contribute to the incident, you should not be responsible for your accident-related expenses.
An injury can take a significant toll on a person’s life. If the at-fault party didn’t behave carelessly, they could have prevented the accident. Unfortunately, their misconduct placed you in harm’s way, resulting in a range of physical, emotional, and economic hardships. This negligent individual or company should be held liable for their wrongdoing.
At Caffee Law, our Mercer Island accident lawyers have the experience and resources to help you in the fight for justice. We will tirelessly work to seek the money you’re owed and try to reach a favorable outcome for your claim or case. Our legal team will provide the legal representation and guidance necessary to help you get through this traumatic time in your life.
Call us at (206) 312-0954 today for a free consultation to learn more about the available legal options following an injury in Mercer Island.
Personal Injury Cases Caffee Law Takes
Our Mercer Island accident lawyers are familiar with the state laws and procedures regarding various personal injury cases. We can represent you in any case involving an injury or death caused by someone’s negligence, including:
- Car accidents – A car accident can be destructive and lead to severe injuries. Human error often plays a part in collisions. When a motorist becomes distracted, runs a red light, or behaves recklessly at the wheel, they put other people at risk of injury and death.
- Burn injuries – Some burns cause minimal damage to the skin and heal without leaving behind any scars. Others require emergency medical care and skin grafts to repair the extensive damage to the skin, nerves, tissue, and muscle.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists don’t have the same protections as the occupants of cars and trucks. Without an airbag or seatbelt, they’re likely to suffer severe injuries in a crash.
- Truck accidents – Commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. These vehicles typically cause catastrophic damage and injuries in accidents with small cars. In 2020, there were 291 injuries and 45 fatalities in accidents involving large trucks in Washington.
- Bicycle accidents – Although bikers have a designated bicycle lane, they still share the road with motor vehicles. If someone swerves into their lane, they could get seriously hurt.
- Rideshare accidents – Rideshare services are convenient but can also result in significant injuries to the passengers and occupants of other vehicles if an accident occurs.
- Wrongful death – When someone’s negligent actions cause the death of another person, the surviving family can recover compensation for the losses they suffered.
- Brain injuries – Any injury to the brain disrupts how it functions. The damage can destroy brain cells and tissue. A severe traumatic brain injury might cause physical and mental impairments that prevent a person from performing routine tasks.
- Pedestrian accidents – Many drivers ignore pedestrians. A pedestrian could end up on a collision course with a vehicle if the motorist doesn’t yield at a crosswalk or drives too fast through a parking lot.
- Dog bites – Dogs bite people and other animals for numerous reasons. State law automatically holds the dog’s owner liable for injuries the bite victim suffers.
- Spinal cord injuries – Damage to the spinal cord can reduce or eliminate movement and sensation in the limbs. Permanent damage to the spine can cause paralysis.
- Scooter accidents – Most people don’t understand the dangers associated with scooters. They’re fun to ride but could be deadly in an accident involving a car or truck.
If you suffered an injury under any of the circumstances above, do not hesitate to contact Caffee Law. One of our Mercer Island accident lawyers can review your case to determine what we can do to help.
Possible Compensation Available in an Accident Case
When someone’s negligent actions cause an injury, you can seek compensation for the losses you suffered, such as:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on various factors, such as the severity of the injury and the amount of insurance coverage. For example, Washington law requires all motorists to carry auto insurance with a minimum liability limit of $25,000 for bodily injury. If you end up with $50,000 in medical bills, a settlement that uses the full liability limit won’t compensate you for your total losses.
If the at-fault party doesn’t have enough insurance coverage or their insurance company denies your claim, you might be able to file a lawsuit. There is a statute of limitations you must follow to sue someone for compensation. Washington has a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases. That means you must file your lawsuit within three years of the date of your injury.
If you were partially responsible for the incident, the jury could reduce your financial award under the contributory fault statute. That means the percentage of fault the jury assigns to you will proportionately diminish the compensation you can receive.
For example, if your losses total $100,000 but you were 20 percent to blame for your injury, you could only receive up to $80,000 in compensation.
Caffee Law has fought for accident victims for more than a decade. We believe in holding negligent people and companies liable for the harm they cause. You should have an opportunity to seek compensation for your losses so you can heal and move forward with your life.
Our Mercer Island accident lawyers understand the financial implications of an injury. If you can’t afford to pay for your medical care and other expenses, you could end up in debt. We don’t want to place additional financial burdens on you. That’s why we take personal injury cases on contingency. That means there are no upfront fees or costs. We won’t collect any of our legal fees unless we secure compensation for you.
If you suffered an injury in an accident due to someone else’s negligent actions, call Caffee Law at (206) 312-0954 now for a free consultation. Our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call and discuss your case.