Seattle Lane Change Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
An afternoon excursion on your motorcycle can be the epitome of freedom, but if anyone on the road isn’t paying attention to their surroundings as they should be, you could be at risk.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 2017 saw nearly 5,000 motorcyclists perish in traffic-related accidents, many of which include fatalities resulting from unsafe lane changes performed by another driver.
For those that survive, recuperating can be a long and expensive process. Recruiting the right legal team to fight for compensation and justice, however, doesn’t have to be. At Caffee Law, we take pride in our years of service helping motorcyclists involved in traumatic lane changing motorcycle accidents get their life back.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident while changing lanes, the Seattle lane change motorcycle accident lawyers of Caffee Law want to represent you in your civil case. Contact us at (206) 312-0954 to schedule your FREE legal consultation with our best motorcycle accident attorneys today.
How Lane Change Motorcycle Accidents Happen
Making a lane change can be dangerous for anyone operating a motor vehicle if they are lacking proper technique and a watchful eye, but for motorcyclists, the danger is amplified due to a lack of adequate protection. When a negligent driver makes a sudden lane change in front of an unsuspecting motorcyclist, the result can be catastrophic – or even fatal.
The most frequent causes of lane changing accidents involve distracted driving. There are many instances that can be considered distracted driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the cell phone
- Using a tablet or other device
- Listening to loud music
- Applying makeup
- Eating while driving
Distracted driving behaviors are not the only causes of a lane change accident for motorcyclists, however. Other examples of how these types of accidents occur include:
- Impaired driving, either through drugs and/or alcohol
- Road rage
- Cutting off other drivers
- Failing to use traffic signals while changing lanes
- Aggressively weaving in and out of traffic
These forms of aggressive driving are key triggers of lane changing motorcycle accidents, and if you were involved in one, you need the strong legal representation provided by the experienced lawyers of Caffee Law to help you secure maximum monetary compensation.
Call the Seattle motorcycle accident attorneys of Caffee Law right now at (206) 312-0954 to get started with a FREE legal consultation.
Determining Liability in a Lane Changing Motorcycle Accident
Any driver that makes unsafe lane changes and causes an accident needs to be held accountable for their negligence. If you or someone you love has been affected by another driver’s actions while riding a motorcycle, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit that proves that the other driver was liable for your injury and seek to obtain restitution.
The experienced lane changing motorcycle accident Seattle area lawyers of Caffee Law can help determine liability by revealing the elements of negligence in which the other driver — or the defendant in civil court — had acted out. These elements include:
- Duty of care – The defendant (the party responsible for the action) had a duty to ensure that reasonable care was delivered. As motor vehicle drivers, it is our responsibility to ensure the safety of other drivers on the road, and to do so, we must abide by traffic laws and proper safety precautions while out on the road.
- Breach of the duty of care – The defendant violated their duties which caused an accident. For example, a driver that was driving distracted — e.g. texting while driving — and simultaneously changing lanes without looking may have cut off a motorcyclist, who then tried to avoid the vehicle and crashed into the median.
- Causation – It was determined that the defendant caused the accident which caused grievous injury to the motorcyclist.
- Damages – As a result of the defendant’s negligence, the plaintiff — or the motorcyclist in this case — suffered damages.
Properly determining liability can be a complicated process if you don’t have the right Seattle legal team taking care of it for you. At Caffee Law, we excel at finding out the root cause of the accident and tailoring your case around it in order to maximize monetary compensation for you.
Common Types of Injuries Sustained in a Lane Changing Motorcycle Accident
When another driver performs an unsafe lane change, the resulting accident can inflict a multitude of injuries upon an unsuspecting motorcyclist. Because of the sudden nature of these accidents—coupled with the very little protection a motorcycle offers—it isn’t uncommon to see a motorcyclist suffer from:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Road rash
- Open wounds to the head
- Closed head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severed limbs
- Internal and external bleeding
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries from a negligent driver performing an unsafe lane change, contact our Seattle motorcycle accident attorneys at (206) 312-0954 for a FREE legal consultation. We can help you to better understand your legal options and take the next step forward to pursuing justice.
What Kind of Compensation Can My Accident Claim Qualify For?
The amount of compensation that you can qualify for all depends on several factors including but not limited to:
- The severity of your injury
- How your injury will affect your quality of life/employment
- Your/the other driver’s liability
If it is found that the other driver was at fault, our Seattle attorneys are adept at fighting to obtain the compensation you deserve. This financial recovery can help to cover:
- Medical expenses – Motorcyclists involved in a lane changing accident may incur hefty medical bills, especially depending on the severity of the injuries they sustained. In some instances, medical insurance won’t cover some of these medical and rehabilitative expenses, but with the right legal team to evaluate your case, maximum compensation can be awarded to cover these costs.
- Lost wages / Loss of earning capacity – A motorcycle accident can leave the motorcyclist unable to work for extended periods of time, and it can also limit what they can and can’t do afterward. This often results in a loss of wages and diminishes their earning capacity for future earnings. Your attorneys at Caffee Law will fight hard to help you cover these damages.
- Property damage – Motorcycle accidents can damage a motorcycle greatly, even beyond repair. These costly expenses often require the aid of an experienced lane changing motorcycle accident lawyer to help you secure compensation for repairs or replacement.
- Pain and suffering – Motorcycle accidents are a traumatic experience to endure for victims and their families alike. Rest assured, however, that despite the physical and emotional anguish, you can be compensated depending on certain calculations that our experienced attorneys can assist you with.
- Wrongful death – Should you or someone you love perish because of a negligent driver making an unsafe lane change, your surviving family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim in order to secure restitution to help pay off funeral expenses and other associated costs.
Trust that the legal team at Caffee Law will fight for the compensation you need to begin recovering physically, mentally, and emotionally from your motorcycle lane changing accident.
At Caffee Law, You Matter
Aside from the years of legal experience we have representing motorcyclists involved in lane changing accidents, we also have the resources required to accurately and decisively win a claim.
At Caffee Law, you don’t just get an experienced team of motorcycle accident attorneys, you get a whole arsenal of professionals that can not only help prove the other driver’s liability, but can also show the civil court the extent of the pain and suffering you have suffered. Most importantly, our lawyers know how to secure and accurately interpret evidence that can help you win maximum compensation.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident while changing lanes, contact the Seattle motorcycle accident lawyers of Caffee Law at (206) 312-0954 to get started with a FREE legal consultation. Our attorneys are waiting to help you on your path to recovery.