Kent Car Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Car accidents are some of the most common type of personal injury cases. A significant number of people will suffer injuries in a car accident each year, and it is important to be aware of your rights if you become involved in this type of a case.
Contact an experienced Kent car accident lawyer after experiencing injuries in an auto accident. Caffee Accident & Injury Lawyers are here to help. Reach out for a free consultation at (206) 312-0954 or by fill out our online contact form.
Kent Car Accident Legal Resources:
- How Dangerous Are Car Accidents?
- What Are Common Types of Car Accidents?
- What Is Negligence?
- What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Injury Attorney?
- What Can I Expect During My First Meeting?
- How Long Does The Case Take if There Is a Settlement?
- What Kind of Damages Can You Recover After a Car Accident in Kent, WA?
- What Are the Risks of Not Hiring a Lawyer?
- Contact Us
How Dangerous Are Car Accidents?
The sad reality is that car accidents are incredibly dangerous and are a leading cause of personal injuries in Washington. In the United States, more than 37,000 people die in car crashes every year, and this number does not even take into account the thousands of people who suffer debilitating injuries.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that approximately two-thirds of all traffic fatalities occur in wrecks where the vehicle was traveling at speeds greater than 40 miles per hour. Another factor that makes car accidents so deadly is their propensity to cause T-bone collisions. These types of crashes occur when one vehicle crashes into the side of another, and they often result in serious injuries.
What Are Common Types of Car Accidents?
There are many different types of car accidents, and each one can lead to unique legal issues. Some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Rear-End Collisions: These occur when one vehicle crashes into the back end of another
- Head-On Collisions: These occur when two vehicles collide while traveling in opposite directions
- Side Impact or T-Bone Collisions: As discussed above, these occur when one vehicle crashes into the side of another
- Single Vehicle Accidents: These occur when a driver loses control of their own car and collide with an object such as a tree or a pole.
What Is Negligence?
One of the most important concepts in personal injury law is negligence. To establish a case for negligence, you must show that the defendant failed to meet a duty of care that they owed to you.
In the context of car accidents, this usually means showing that the defendant was driving negligently at the time of the crash.
Some common examples of negligent driving behaviors include:
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Injury Attorney?
The most significant benefit to hiring an attorney is that they will be able to answer your questions and handle the negotiation process. Another advantage of working with a personal injury lawyer is that they can offer you access to medical experts that can assess your injuries, which may help strengthen any legal claims you are seeking to make against the defendant(s).
Insurance companies have lawyers, and you should too. The insurance companies will try whatever it takes to pay out the least amount of money possible. Without a lawyer, you run the risk of being taken advantage of and not receiving what you really deserve.
What Can I Expect During My First Meeting with a Car Accident Lawyer?
When you meet with our Kent car accident attorneys for the first time, it helps if you come prepared with important information about the case. This includes information including:
- Your contact information (name, home address, phone number)
- Information about where you work
- The names of people involved in your car crash
- Your auto insurance policy name/number
- Other drivers’ insurance policy name/number
- Pictures of your car accident scene
In addition, you should be prepared to discuss the following with your lawyer:
- What type of injuries you have suffered
- How the crash occurred
- The damage done to your vehicle
- Your medical bills and any lost wages as a result of the crash
- Any other damages you are seeking.
How Long Does The Case Take if There Is a Settlement?
The length of the settlement process can vary depending on the facts and circumstances of your case. Some cases are resolved within a few months, while others may take several years to reach a resolution. However, most personal injury attorneys will work on a contingency fee basis, which means they will not get paid unless you win or settle your case. This helps ensure that the attorney has an incentive to work diligently on your behalf.
What Kind of Damages Can Victims Recover After a Car Accident in Kent, WA?
There are a variety of damages that you may be able to recover after your car accident, including the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium (companionship)
When meeting with an attorney, it is important to understand all the potential types of damages for which you could be compensated. This will help ensure that you receive the best possible outcome from your case.
What Are the Risks of Not Hiring a Lawyer?
The main risk of not hiring an attorney is that you may get less money than if you had hired one. Insurance companies are looking to pay as little as possible for your injuries, and without the help of a lawyer, their claims adjusters will attempt to convince you to settle for less than what your case is actually worth.
The legal system can be incredibly complicated, and if you fail to take the appropriate steps, you could miss the deadline in which to file a case and recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Kent Car Accident Attorneys | No Win No Fee
Car accident cases are serious and often involve extensive injuries. If you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of a car accident, our team of experienced Kent car accident lawyers can help you get justice and obtain the monetary damages that you deserve. Contact Caffee Accident & Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation by calling (206) 312-0954 or by filling out our online contact form.