Kent Brain Injury AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
A person who is suffering from a traumatic brain injury can create tremendous stress for the entire family, as it has devastating long-term consequences. If you sustained a concussion or a head injury, you should visit a doctor immediately. After visiting a doctor, reach out to our Kent brain injury attorneys.
Accessing medical tests and getting a diagnosis at the right time can make a substantial difference in your recovery and in your long-term quality of life. After gaining a diagnosis and establishing an appropriate medical plan, you should also connect with an experienced personal injury lawyer. With the help of a skilled attorney, you can get the compensation you deserve.
Contact our experienced Kent brain injury lawyers right away to discuss your options by calling us at (206) 312-0954 or by filling out our online contact form.
What Are Common Causes of a Brain Injury?
The most common causes of a traumatic brain injury include the following:
- Car Accidents– Vehicular accidents occur often and can cause serious injury when the victim’s head strikes a hard object, such as car doors, windshields, etc.
- Falls- Falls account for more than half of TBI-related injuries.
- Intentional Assault- Being hit, punched, pushed to the ground, or anything else can cause the victim to suffer brain injury if the action is severe enough or if they fall and hit their head on something.
- Medical Errors- Misdiagnosis and wrong medications can result in brain injuries.
- Whiplash- Whiplash can also cause TBI by causing your head to jolt around very quickly and possibly hit other parts of the car.
The Effects of Traumatic Brain Injury
Learning the signs and symptoms of TBI helps ensure timely diagnosis. Some of the most common symptoms include the following:
- Changes in vision
- Emotional changes
- Hearing problems
- Memory loss
- Reduced quality of life
- Sleep problems
- Slurred speech
Understanding the Basics of a Brain Injury Lawsuit
Remember that most brain injury lawsuits fall under the category of negligence. To better understand a negligence claim, you must learn what counts as negligence:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care – a doctor who was treating a patient and a property owner who had a duty to keep a sidewalk safe are both examples.
- The defendant breached that duty of care. If a doctor misdiagnosed a patient and any other reasonably prudent medical professional in the same or similar circumstances would not have misdiagnosed them, this can be considered negligence.
- The plaintiff experienced losses and injuries.
- The defendant’s actions were the cause of the losses and injuries.
What Compensation Can I Recover After a TBI?
Filing a lawsuit can help you recoup compensation for various economic and non-economic damages, including the following:
- Reduced Quality of Life- Traumatic brain injuries can significantly decrease your life quality. A skilled Kent TBI attorney will help you get compensation for your inability to participate in your favorite activities
- Lost Wages- If you suffer a severe blow to your head, likely, you won’t be able to return to work for many weeks or months. Filing a brain injury lawsuit helps you recover lost wages.
- Medical Bills- Brain injuries are devastating to your health and pocket. Medical bills can put financial stress on your family; however, a brain injury attorney can help you win compensation for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering- You can also gain monetary damages for long-term physical, mental, and emotional harms, including, depression, anxiety, pain and suffering, and more
- Wrongful Death- If a TBI proves fatal, the victim’s family is eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit and pursue compensation for financial damages.
Contact Caffee Accident & Injury Lawyers
Our Kent traumatic brain injury lawyers help plaintiffs recover financial compensation for an experience that has left them impaired. Remember that the statute of limitations for TBI in Washington State is three years.
This sounds like a long time, but it can pass quickly and important evidence can be lost. Consider connecting with a highly experienced and skilled lawyer as soon as possible to gain maximum compensation. With our dedicated team of proficient TBI attorneys, you can rest assured you’ll get the legal assistance you deserve.