Fireworks spark apartment fire in Tacoma, injuring three
Posted on Sunday, July 5th, 2020 at 11:44 pm
TACOMA, WA – Three people were injured Sunday in Tacoma in an apartment fire caused by personal firework use, according to King 5.
The fire broke out around 1:20 a.m. at the Pacific Pointe Apartment Homes, located at 1801 South 84th Street, and is believed to have been started by the embers of fireworks that had been improperly disposed of after use.
At least 12 units were damaged in the blaze.
Three people were taken to the hospital for the treatment of non-critical injuries.
According to the report, the fire devastated multiple families who lost their homes and all their possessions and it also caused damage to several vehicles.
Personal fireworks are illegal in Tacoma.
This is one in a series of reports provided by the Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee as a service to inform our Seattle neighbors about traffic news and accidents in the area. Many of these accidents are preventable, and we hope that by reporting on such events, we will reduce the frequency of similar incidents. However, if you or someone you know has been injured in a similar situation, contact the Seattle accident injury attorneys of Jeffrey R. Caffee today for a consultation. You may be able to receive compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses.