Kennewick, Washington – Man Found Dead Suspected to Have Been Poisoned by Carbon MonoxideRequest Free Consultation
Kennewick, Washington (December 5, 2019) – A man was found dead inside a van at the 6000 block of West First Avenue on Thursday afternoon. The Benton County Corner’s Office has identified the victim as David Dana. A resident in the home where the van was parked found the bodies of Dana and his pet dog around 2:30 p.m. The coroner’s office believes that the cause of death was an abundance of carbon monoxide produced by the propane heater Dana used to cook food.
About Hazardous Material Incidents
We offer our sympathies and compassion to the friends and loved ones of the victim. Unfortunately, this is not the only tragic case associated with a hazardous material. According to Safeopedia.com, hazardous material incidents involve the uncontrolled release of one or more hazardous materials in a location which puts human lives or the environment at risk of damage. Furthermore, the website also defines the term “HAZMAT Incident” as an umbrella term for any incident which involve the release or exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Since there is a variety of hazardous materials that can be involved there is no set response to this particular incident. There are three types of hazmat incidents: simple spills, major spills, and emergencies. Simple spills do not spread rapidly and don’t pose an immediate threat to surrounding humans or the environment. Depending on the workplace, these incidents may not require reporting and may be cleaned up by a qualified worker. Major spills and emergencies, on the other hand, are reportable incidents that fulfill one of these conditions: incidents where the hazardous materials spread rapidly, endanger humans or the environment, has caused a person to require medical treatment for either injury or exposure, or involves an individual needing rescue. From this information, it is clear that hazmat incidents can result in lasting injuries and even fatalities. We urge all workplaces that use hazardous materials to run strict safety guidelines. Workplace safety should never be taken for granted in order to prevent damage, not only to human lives, but for the sake of the environment as well.