Fire started in RV, spread to nearby home, resulting in “total loss” of home
Posted on Monday, July 27th, 2020 at 1:28 pm
WAPATO, WA – A fire that started in an RV quickly spread to a nearby home on Sunday morning, resulting in what the Deputy Chief of Yakima County Fire called a “total loss” of the home.
KIMA News reported that firefighters responded to the 100 block of Egan Road in Wapato to find the RV, shed, and home ablaze.
No one was injured as the family inside the home evacuated as soon as they saw flames in the RV. Joel Byam, Deputy Chief of Yakima County Fire, said the fire started from a burn barrel, which has been banned for years.
Firefighters attempted to extinguish the flames inside the house, but the home’s tin roof made it more difficult.
If you have been injured in an accident, or have lost a loved one to the reckless actions of another, the Seattle personal injury attorneys at Caffee Accident & Injury Lawyers are poised to help you fight back. We have helped numerous people through the legal process and are ready to aggressively represent you as well. Contact us at (206) 899-5415 or online to speak with an attorney today.
Note: The attorneys with Caffee Accident & Injury Lawyers send our hearts out to the victims of serious accidents. Even though we see the pain and suffering accident victims endure through our daily work, it never becomes easier to hear such tragic news. We compose our blog using publicly available news sources. Sometimes stories are updated as more details surface. If our post becomes outdated or inaccurate, please let us know so that we may update it.
Disclaimer: This blog's aim is to increase awareness of severe injuries and their effects so that fewer individuals and families go through the painful and traumatic process of seeing a loved one hurt or killed in an accident. These are difficult topics, but we hope that our readers can use the information found here to help them avoid being involved in an accident. The information presented here does not construe legal advice.