Bonney Lake, Washington – One Dead After Home Fire
Posted on Friday, March 29th, 2019 at 10:52 am
Bonney Lake, Washington (March 18, 2019) – A woman was found dead in a mobile home that was on fire at 20800 block of 91st Street East. She was found dead on the bedroom floor by the firefighter crew which entered the structure. According to the Pierce County Medical Examiner, the cause of her death appeared to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
Crews responded to the fire at a double-wide mobile home around 10:45 pm. Smoke and flames were already coming from the mobile home when they arrived. The firefighter crews had entered the home to extinguish the blaze when they found the victim. The death has been ruled as accidental, and investigation is ongoing as to the cause of fire.
There are many dangers present in fire, and studies have pointed to the structure of the mobile home as some of the most dangerous in a fire. Mobile homes are often considered manufactured housing, which is defined as any home constructed in a manufacturing plant and transport-able in one or two sections. Their economical state and availability makes them attractive to many buyers across America. In the state of Washington, mobile homes compose around 7.5% of housing, which is a fairly small number. However, the U.S. Fire Administration has stated that the fatality rate in mobile homes are doubled compared to regular, on-site houses. Homeowners are advised to consider fire safety at all times, and firefighters are instructed to be wary of tackling a mobile home fire. Beyond the damage and loss inflicted on property, the threat of injuries and death should make everyone living in these homes to follow safety regulations.
Aside from burns, another threat from fires that was present in this incident is carbon-monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide comes from burning fuel such as gasoline, wood, propane, and charcoal. However, because it is a tasteless, colorless and odorless gas it can be difficult to be aware of its presence without a proper detector. Carbon monoxide is particularly dangerous inside structures, where it can build up quickly in the body. Symptoms can be described as flu-like, with headaches and nausea. Victims may possibly pass out and die when the gas disrupts red blood cells. To prevent these types of cases, always be aware of the surroundings especially when using equipment which produces carbon monoxide.
If you have been injured in an accident, or have lost a loved one to the reckless actions of another, the Seattle personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee are poised to help you fight back. We have helped numerous people through the legal process and are ready to aggressively represent you as well. Contact us at (206) 899-5415 or online to speak with an attorney today.
Note: The attorneys with The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee send our hearts out to the victims of serious accidents. Even though we see the pain and suffering accident victims endure through our daily work, it never becomes easier to hear such tragic news. We compose our blog using publicly available news sources. Sometimes stories are updated as more details surface. If our post becomes outdated or inaccurate, please let us know so that we may update it.
Disclaimer: This blog's aim is to increase awareness of severe injuries and their effects so that fewer individuals and families go through the painful and traumatic process of seeing a loved one hurt or killed in an accident. These are difficult topics, but we hope that our readers can use the information found here to help them avoid being involved in an accident. The information presented here does not construe legal advice.