Auburn, Washington – Bark Fire Near Apartment ComplexRequest Free Consultation
Auburn, Washington (May 6, 2019) – A pile of beauty bark caught on fire on Monday evening. Firefighters from the Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to the scene around 6:53 p.m. No injuries were reported in the incident. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and overhaul the smoldering material.
The bark fire was near a dumpster at an apartment complex, but no property damage has been reported. The cause of the fire has not been provided.
Washington counts as the 5th state most prone to wildfire from 2017 wildfire risk analysis, and ranks 8th in a 2018 study by number of fires that happened. The US Fire Administration has recorded 15 home fire fatalities this year within Washington, showing the destruction fire is capable of doing. Even within city areas, one must be wary of fires that can happen near residential areas.
If your home is near an area with risk of brush fire, there are few safety reminders to keep in mind. Homeowners are urged to complete their spring cleaning, and to create a defensible space around the home by clearing trees and brush. Additionally, the limbs of trees should be cut to at least 15 feet off the ground. Any object that send out fires should be handled with absolute care. Common objects such as lit matches and cigarette butts can also easily cause a fire within dry brush. Should fire be used in an outdoor space, one must assess the surroundings to make sure fire would not have a possibility to spread out. Finally, before leaving an area where fire was used, one must ensure that any fires must be extinguished completely. Preventing brush fires from happening is everyone’s responsibility, and careful use of fire can ensure the safety of not only one’s self, but hundreds of others.
Note: The exact location of the incident has not been provided.