Seattle Whiplash Injury Attorneys
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries suffered by car accident victims, but its symptoms are often ignored. When left untreated, whiplash can be disruptive to daily life and cause years of pain or discomfort.
If you were recently in a car accident and sustained whiplash injuries, it’s critical to speak with an experienced attorney. An attorney can protect your legal rights, and demand compensation from negligent parties who caused your injuries.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee, our Seattle whiplash attorneys have provided trusted legal counsel to people just like you. We know that the physical and emotional toll of being involved in a car crash is difficult to bear. This is why our number-one goal is to secure the compensation you deserve, so you can focus on healing.
To meet with a Seattle car accident lawyer, contact us today at (206) 899-5415 for a free consultation. Our legal team is ready to evaluate your case and uphold your legal rights.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash is a term referring to soft tissue damage to the neck. Specifically, whiplash injuries may include:
- Hyperextension injuries
- Hyperflexion injuries
- Myofascial injuries
- Neck strain
- Cervical sprain
Whiplash is caused by sudden back-and-forth motions, which often occur during vehicle collisions. For example, if your car was rear-ended, the impact would cause your body to jolt forward. Meanwhile, your head would stay in place for a moment and then snap forward in a whip-like motion. This extreme flexion and extension of the neck cause muscle strain and torn ligaments.
What Are the Symptoms of Whiplash?
After a car accident, the symptoms of whiplash may appear gradually. This can make it difficult to know whether you’ve actually sustained any injuries. Some people involved in low-speed collisions assume they are injury-free, but whiplash can occur even at low speeds.
Early signs and symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck pain
- Neck stiffness
- Decreased ability to move the neck
- Headaches, typically starting at the base of the skull
- Pain or tenderness in the arms, shoulders, and upper back
- Dizziness and blurred vision
- Tingling or “pins-and-needles” sensations in the arms
- Trouble sleeping
- Irritability and anxiety
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
Keep an eye out for the above symptoms if you were recently involved in a car collision, even if it was a low-speed accident. If you believe you’ve sustained whiplash injuries, you should seek immediate medical treatment and then contact a car accident attorney.
To learn more, call our legal team today at (206) 899-5415. Our Seattle whiplash attorney can meet with you for a free consultation and evaluate whether you have a case.
Recovering Compensation for Your Seattle Whiplash Case
The amount of compensation you can recover depends on several factors:
- The limits of the driver’s insurance policy
- The severity of your injuries
- The extent of damage to your vehicle
- The extent of damage to any property that was inside your vehicle during the accident
In some cases, a fair settlement can be negotiated without filing a lawsuit. But it’s important to know that most car insurance policies do not cover non-economic harm, such as pain and suffering. If you cannot come to a mutual agreement for compensation, then you will have to file a personal injury lawsuit in court.
In the state of Washington, the court recognizes two types of harm for car accident victims: economic and non-economic. If awarded compensation, this ensures you are fully paid back for the harm you’ve endured.
Economic harm for whiplash victims includes:
- Costs for medical care related to your injuries
- Costs for physical therapy
- Costs for any assistive medical equipment, such as a cervical collar
- Lost wages, if you had to take time off work
Whiplash victims may also be compensated for non-economic harm, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other psychological suffering resulting from the car accident
Examples of Recent Cases
[Firm-name] has a proven track record of success. It’s our top priority to secure compensation for those injured due to negligence.
Some of our recent victories include:
- $400,000 recovered for an individual involved in a car crash.
- $200,000 recovered for the victim of a motorcycle accident.
- $300,000 recovered for the victim of an accident who sustained spinal injuries.
- $700,000 recovered for a child who was harmed due to negligence on behalf of Seattle Public Schools.
Why Choose Our Seattle Whiplash Law Firm
Led by Jeffrey R. Caffee, our law firm has provided trusted legal counsel to injured people throughout Seattle and the state of Washington. When you choose our law firm to handle your whiplash case, you can expect:
- Results-Driven Strategies: When you’ve endured financial, physical, and emotional harm from a car accident, you need an attorney on your side. We’ll work quickly to secure a sizable settlement or verdict on your behalf. While financial compensation can’t reverse your injuries, it can help you focus on recovering in the aftermath of an accident.
- Top-Notch Legal Service: We’re proud to have received the National Trial Lawyers’ “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” award several years in a row. We approach every case with the same level of commitment and are dedicated to providing top-notch legal service.
- No Upfront Fees: After a car accident, you likely have costly medical treatment, but you might have to take time off work. As a result, you might not be able to afford the costs of litigation upfront. This is why we take cases on a contingency basis, meaning you don’t pay anything unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
Meet with a Seattle Whiplash Attorney
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee, we’re dedicated to helping whiplash victims get the financial support they deserve. We can conduct a full investigation of your case, take depositions of witnesses, hire relevant experts, and more.
Our experienced and caring legal team is ready to fight on your behalf. To schedule a free consultation with our Seattle car accident attorneys, call us today at (206) 899-5415. We can discuss your options for compensation, explain how the legal process works, and create a custom legal strategy for your case.