Seattle Fractures and Broken Bone Injury Attorneys
In the blink of an eye, a negligent driver can cause you to suffer from life-altering injuries, such as fractures and broken bones. Were you recently harmed in an accident, and the other driver was at fault? You have a right to demand compensation for your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
When pursuing compensation after a car accident, it’s crucial to speak with an experienced attorney. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee, our Seattle car accident attorneys have what it takes to recover sizable settlements from insurance companies. For years, we’ve upheld the rights of car accident victims and have secured the financial compensation they deserve.
Recovering compensation begins with your free consultation with our Seattle car accident attorney. To learn more, contact us today at (206) 312-0954. Our team is ready to review your case and protect your legal rights.
Seattle Car Accident Statistics
For many in the Seattle area, driving is an everyday necessity. While car safety continues to improve, other hazards remain, such as drunk driving and texting while driving.
A recent review of Seattle’s car accident statistics reveals:
- Over the past few years, there were about 140 – 170 accidents every year that resulted in serious injuries.
- There were about 14 – 20 accidents every year that resulted in death.
- The contributing factors for most car accidents in Seattle have been distracted driving, driving while under the influence, speeding, and failing to yield to pedestrians.
- Accidents caused by distracted driving have increased by 300% in recent years, representing 30% of all crashes in Seattle.
Symptoms of Fractures and Broken Bones
Some fractures are immediately noticeable because the bone protrudes through the skin. But if you have multiple injuries, or if you sustained a closed fracture, it can be difficult to know the true extent of your injuries.
Symptoms of fractures and broken bones include:
- Pain and throbbing
- Sudden deformity of the affected area
- Limited range of motion
- Decreased ability to use your affected limb
There are also different types of fractures, including:
- Closed Fracture: Also known as a simple fracture, this occurs when the broken bone does not puncture through the skin.
- Open Fracture: Also known as a compound fracture, this occurs when the bone breaks and pierces through the skin. Secondary injuries with open fractures include infection and heavy bleeding.
- Complicated Fracture: This involves injury to the structures surrounding a fracture, including veins, nerves, and arteries.
- Comminuted Fracture: This occurs when the bone is shattered into fragments, and often involves a much longer healing time.
Treatment Costs for Fractures and Broken Bones
After a car accident, you may be facing a long road to recovery. This is especially true for those who’ve suffered serious fractures and broken bones. Costs vary, but these are the typical treatment options for fractures and broken bones:
- Splints to immobilize the bone and encourage healing
- Braces to support the fractured bone
- Cast to support and immobilize the fractured bone
- Corrective surgery to hold fragmented pieces of bone together and promote healing
You might require additional treatment beyond correcting the fracture itself. Those suffering from broken bones often need:
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Pain management
- Assistive medical equipment, such as a wheelchair, walker, or crutches
Recovering Compensation for Broken Bones After a Car Accident
After a car accident, many people attempt to recover compensation on their own by negotiating with the other driver’s insurance company. If you choose this route, the amount you recover will depend on whether the driver is insured, the limits of their policy, the extent of your injuries, and more.
The trouble with this approach is that you might not secure a fair settlement, especially since most car insurance policies don’t cover pain and suffering. After a car accident, you deserve to be fully compensated for the harm you’ve endured, not just for your financial losses.
This is where an attorney can help. An experienced car accident attorney can protect your legal rights, fight on your behalf, and demand the highest compensation available. If you choose to file a personal injury lawsuit for your car accident, you may recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Out-of-pocket costs for ambulance rides and hospital stays
- Costs for corrective surgery, splints, and any other relevant treatment
- Costs for rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Costs for wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, and other equipment to assist your mobility
- Lost wages, if you had to take time off work
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
To learn more about your options for compensation, contact us at (206) 312-0954. Our Seattle car accident attorney is ready to speak with you at a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Seattle Car Accident Attorneys
For years, Seattle residents have put their trust in the hands of our experienced attorneys. Our legal team is dedicated to achieving a fair resolution for car accident lawsuits.
[Firm-name] is known for our:
- Track Record of Success: Whether taking on large trucking corporations or deep-pocketed insurance companies, we’re not afraid to aggressively pursue the compensation you’re entitled to. We never settle for less, and our proven track record is a testament to our dedication.
- Caring Legal Team: After the dust settles and you decide to file a lawsuit, you need a caring legal team that understands the challenges you’re facing. From the moment you contact our office, you’ll understand why our law firm is a top choice for Seattle residents. We take the time to listen to your questions and concerns, and we will keep you updated regularly throughout your case.
- Top-Notch Trial Skills: For many years in a row, we’ve received the National Trial Lawyers’ “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” award. This distinction reflects our superior legal services, as well as our commitment to trust and integrity.
Meet with a Seattle Car Accident Attorney
If you’re struggling after a car accident, our attorneys can help you get the financial support you deserve. We can investigate who may be liable for your injuries, and demand the highest compensation available.
To get started, schedule a free consultation with our Seattle car accident attorneys by calling (206) 312-0954. We’ll review your case for absolutely no upfront costs, and you won’t have to pay any fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.