Auburn, Washington – Six Displaced in Home Fire
Posted on Monday, April 8th, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Auburn, Washington (April 6, 2019) – Four adult residents and two children were displaced when a fire burned in their two-story home at the 1800 block of 21st Street Southeast. No one was injured in the incident.
Firefighters from the Valley Regional Fire Authority arrived on the scene just before 9 p.m. According to the reports, flames were coming from the front deck and extending into the living space, though the residential fire sprinklers helped keep the flames under control until the firefighters were in place to deal with the fire. No details have been given yet regarding the cause of the fire.
The US Fire Administration has recorded 15 home fire fatalities this year within Washington. Statistics from the NFPA have recorded that cooking equipment were the leading cause of home structure fires, home fire injuries, as well as being the second leading case of home fire deaths. Additionally, smoking materials are the leading case of home fire deaths, though it isn’t always the case every year. Always handle fire with wariness and see to it that fires are always extinguished after use. Remember also to assess the area where fire is going to be used and see to it that complete fire safety is practiced at all times.
Aside from cooking equipment and smoking materials, electrical causes remain to be one of the top causes for home fires according to the NFPA. Their Electrical Fire Reports to the U.S Fire Department since 2000 estimates around 45,000 to 55,000 cases of home fires being caused by electrical malfunction every year. Annual losses due to electrical fire result in 455 civilian deaths, 1, 500 civilian injuries and 1.5 billion of dollars in direct property damage. From these statistics, the risk from electrical fire is very real and should not be underestimated. As for the accidents themselves, the NFPA lists 63 percent involved wiring and related equipment, 74 percent cited some sort of electrical failure or malfunction, and wire or cable insulation was the first item ignited in 32 percent of electrical distribution or lighting equipment home structure fires. From these cases, one must always review and identify potential fire hazards and fix them to avoid damages, injuries or deaths.
If you have been injured in an accident, or have lost a loved one to the reckless actions of another, the Seattle personal injury attorneys at Caffee Law are poised to help you fight back. We have helped numerous people through the legal process and are ready to aggressively represent you as well. Contact us at (206) 899-5415 or online to speak with an attorney today.
Note: The attorneys with Caffee Law send our hearts out to the victims of serious accidents. Even though we see the pain and suffering accident victims endure through our daily work, it never becomes easier to hear such tragic news. We compose our blog using publicly available news sources. Sometimes stories are updated as more details surface. If our post becomes outdated or inaccurate, please let us know so that we may update it.
Disclaimer: This blog's aim is to increase awareness of severe injuries and their effects so that fewer individuals and families go through the painful and traumatic process of seeing a loved one hurt or killed in an accident. These are difficult topics, but we hope that our readers can use the information found here to help them avoid being involved in an accident. The information presented here does not construe legal advice.