Seattle T-Bone Accident Attorneys
Side impact accidents, often referred to as T-Bone accidents, that involve large commercial trucks are some of the most dangerous and deadly accidents on the roadways in Seattle and throughout the country. Due to the sheer size and weight of semi-trucks, accidents involving them can cause extraordinary damage and serious injuries to those in much smaller passenger vehicles.
T-bone accidents occur when the front of the truck collides with the side of another vehicle. These accidents commonly happen at intersections when a truck fails to stop at a traffic light or stop sign or when the truck driver does not yield the right of way to another vehicle.
If you have been injured in a T-bone truck accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The experienced Seattle truck accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee can conduct a thorough investigation of your accident, interview witnesses, analyze evidence, and do everything we can in order to recover the maximum compensation you deserve. Call (206) 312-0954 today to schedule a free and consultation with one of our skilled and compassionate Seattle T-bone truck accident lawyers.
Do I Need a T-Bone Accident Lawyer?
If you were injured in a T-bone truck accident in the greater Seattle area, you may be able to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other damages. You need a lawyer who has experience representing truck accident victims and knows how to build a strong case and pursue all available types of compensation.
T-bone truck accident cases can be both legally and technically complicated. The key to proving negligence is establishing that the truck driver, the trucking company, the truck manufacturer, or another party, was liable for the injuries you suffered in the collision. The complex nature of these accidents and the process of determining liability are among the main reasons why you need to hire an experienced lawyer.
Allow the highly skilled Seattle truck accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee to handle your truck accident investigation. We will get to work immediately. An investigation can tell us why the collision occurred, and which laws and regulations had been broken by the negligent truck driver. The evidence obtained from our investigation will greatly increase your chance of recovering compensation for your injuries.
Who Choose The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee to Handle My Case?
The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee is a top Seattle personal injury law firm that handles complex commercial vehicle wrecks, including devastating T-Bone truck accidents. Our founding attorney Jeffrey R. Caffee, has been admitted to practice in Washington state courts since 2009, was honored by The International Academy of Trial Lawyers with an Award for Advocacy for distinguished achievement in the art and science of advocacy. A member of the King County Bar Association, the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, and the Washington State Bar Association, Mr. Caffee received his bachelor’s degree from Saint Leo University before earning his law degree from the prestigious University of Notre Dame Law School.\
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee, we care about our clients and we are committed to aggressively pursuing the maximum compensation available to them. If you or someone you love has been injured T-bone truck accident in Seattle, call The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee as soon as possible. It is critical that our T-Bone truck accident lawyers get involved early in the process. Our compassion, dedication, and legal skills have proven to be valuable to many T-Bone accident victims. We firmly believe that our client-focused legal services are unrivaled in the Seattle area.
Types of T-Bone Accident Cases We Handle
T-bone truck accidents should never happen. In most T-bone accident cases, the truck driver committed an error, or the trucking company or another party was negligent. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee, our attorneys handle T-bone truck accidents that were caused by a wide array of factors, including but not limited to:
- The truck driver ran a red light or a stop sign
- The truck driver failed to yield
- The truck driver made an improper left turn
- The truck driver misjudged stopping distance
- The truck driver was distracted
- The truck driver had difficulty stopping due to overloaded cargo
- The truck driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The truck driver was tired or fell asleep at the wheel
- An intersection was improperly marked or a traffic light was broken
- The truck’s brakes failed
T-bone truck accidents can lead to severe injuries. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee, we handle T-bone accidents involving a wide variety of injuries, including but not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are serious injuries to the brain. They are usually the result of head trauma and are common injuries in T-Bone accidents. A TBI can lead to significant physical, cognitive, and emotional consequences.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries are injuries to a vertebra, disc, ligament, or the spinal cord itself. These injuries are typically very serious and extremely painful. Because your spinal cord, along with your brain, constitutes the central nervous system, an injury to your spine can cause physical impairments with bodily movements. Such injuries can become chronic conditions, and, if the injury is severe enough, can cause paralysis.
- Neck injuries – Neck injuries are usually caused by the jolt of the T-bone collision. The side impact can make the driver’s or passenger’s head and neck to be violently pushed sideways.
- Bone fractures – When a bone breaks, it is very painful and is often slow to heal. If a bone fracture does not heal properly, it can lead to other health complications and can even become a disability.
- Soft tissue injuries – Common soft tissue injuries in a T-bone accident include muscle, ligament, and tendon tears and strains.
If you were hurt in a T-bone accident in Seattle, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention right away. Doing so will ensure that your injuries are tended to immediately, and it will generate a medical record of the crash and the harm you’ve suffered. Any delay in treatment will give the other party’s insurance company ammunition to claim that you were not seriously hurt, so don’t delay in seeking medical help after a crash.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Regarding T-Bone Accidents
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee, we get many questions from clients regarding T-bone truck accidents. Listed below are a few of the most frequently asked questions. If you have any questions about your specific T-bone accident case, feel free to contact our experienced Seattle personal injury lawyers at (206) 312-0954.
What is a T-Bone truck accident?
A T-bone accident is one in which a truck collides with the side of another vehicle, striking it on the driver or passenger side. In a T-bone accident, the occupants of the passenger vehicle struck from the side by truck are likely to be severely injured or even killed. Unfortunately, neither seat belts nor airbags are designed to defend much from a T-bone crashes, making these accidents among the most serious on Seattle roadways.
What should I do if I’ve been involved in a T-Bone truck accident?
The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee recommends you take the following steps following a truck accident:
- Remain at the scene of the accident. Leaving the scene of the crash can result in a hit-and-run charge. Stay there until the police and medical personnel have arrived. If possible, leave your vehicle in the area and position where it came to a stop after the accident.
- Call the police. It’s very important that you file an accident report with the police. Filing a police report is required by law, and it could be used as evidence later on.
- Seek medical treatment. If you were injured in a T-bone accident, your health and safety should be your No. 1 priority. Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you feel OK, some injuries don’t reveal symptoms righty away. Therefore, it’s advisable to see a physician because you could be suffering from internal damage. A doctor’s assessment will also help your lawyer know how much compensation to seek for your injuries. Keep records of all your medical expenses and doctor’s appointments.
- Take pictures of the accident. Take numerous photos of the scene of the accident. Be sure to get pictures of your injuries and vehicle. Photos can be a valuable piece of evidence for your case.
- Contact a truck accident lawyer. The experienced Seattle truck accident attorneys of The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee have the knowledge and skills needed to understand the facts and circumstances of your claim and will assist you with all aspects of your case.
What can I an attorney do to help prove liability in my T-Bone accident case?
After a T-bone truck accident, it is vital that you contact a to consult a qualified truck accident lawyer right away so they can get started on investigating your accident before the trucking company’s agents start to meddle with evidence. A skilled truck accident lawyer will be able to collect evidence that supports your claim of liability against the negligent truck driver, truck company, or another liable party. Types of evidence that a truck accident attorney can collect includes:
- Police reports
- Medical reports
- Intersection camera footage
- Witness testimony
- Expert testimony
- Truck driver logbooks
- Data from truck’s onboard systems, such as engine control module
- The truck’s maintenance and inspection history
- The truck driver’s employment history
To help protect yourself and your injury claim be sure to collect as much evidence as you can (and as your injuries allow). Take pictures of the truck accident scene, the position of and damage to the vehicles, your injuries, and other vital evidence after the crash. Doing so could dramatically improve your chances of recovering fair compensation.
Contact a T-Bone Accident Lawyer in Seattle
If you have injured in a T-bone truck accident in the greater Seattle area that was not your fault, don’t hesitate to contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee. Our skilled and compassionate Seattle truck accident lawyers will work to ensure you receive the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled.
Contact our The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee at (206) 312-0954 today to schedule a free, no-obligation confidential consultation. We will clearly explain all your legal options. The personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Caffee work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not owe us anything we secure compensation for you.